CG CRIME NEWS : Balod. Balod police has taken major action against the interstate gang of thieves. 12 accused including the main mastermind of theft in Bafna Jewelers shop in village Arjunda have been arrested. Gold and silver jewelery worth about Rs 85 lakh has been recovered from the accused. Even now two teams of Balod police are recovering gold and silver jewelery in Madhya Pradesh.
Let us tell you that the police of many states were in search of the accused Charan Singh and Sangam Singh, the main masterminds of the incident. Criminal cases are registered against these accused in many other states. The accused used to keep the stolen material by digging a pit in the ground. Used to use metal detector as well. Balod police formed separate teams and went towards Amritsar Punjab, Delhi, Padhurna, Chhindwara Madhya Pradesh in search of the accused, which got success.
About 1 kg 300 grams of gold and 31 kg of silver jewelery have been recovered from the possession of the accused, whose value is said to be around 85 lakhs. Apart from this, the bike, Tavera car, four wheeler, iron rods etc. used in the incident have been recovered. Along with Balod police, Rajnandgaon, Durg police had a special role in this action.
Success achieved after searching thousands of CCTV footage
Let us tell you that on June 25, the operator of Bafna Jewelers broke the lock of the shutter of the shop in Arjunda police station and filed a report of theft of gold and silver. After this, the police was looking for the accused. The clue of the accused was found after searching thousands of CCTV footage of district Balod, Rajnandgaon and Maharashtra. According to the police, the accused had carried out the theft incident in Mahalakshmi Jewelers of Thana Deori and several other shops in the district.
Used to ferry in the name of selling blankets
The CCTV footage received and the suspected vehicle was found to be already in Rajnandgaon. On the basis of this, after the identity of the accused Lakhan Singh Bhatia and Mahesh Valmiki, resident of Rajnandgaon, they were caught and interrogated. He told that he along with his other companions used to come from district Rajnandgaon to district Balod and carry out hawking of gold and silver shops in the name of selling blankets in the surrounding areas. After this, he used to inform about him to his companions Mahesh and Pandhurna, residents of Madhya Pradesh, Charan Singh and Sangam Singh.
Planned theft after doing Reiki
After getting the information, both the accused came to Rajnadgaon Lakhan Singh’s house. Staying at his house for 10 days continuously, Balod made a plan of theft by reiki around Arjunda Deori and on the intervening night of June 24-25, Charan Singh, Sangam Singh, Lakhan Singh and Mahesh Valmiki four-wheelers from Tavera went to Arjunda Bafna Jewelers and engaged in the shop. By breaking the lock of the shutter, gold-silver jewelery and cash amount of Rs 1,78,000 kept in his shop and CCTV DVR worth Rs 95 lakh were stolen. After the theft, all the four people reached Mohara Rajnandgaon and distributed the stolen gold and silver ornaments among themselves, Lakhan Singh and Mahesh Valmiki went to their home in Rajnandgaon and Charan Singh and Sangam Singh went to their home in Pandhurna, Madhya Pradesh.
Cases are registered against the accused in many states
The local police of Madhya Pradesh told in relation to Charan Singh and Sangam Singh that both of them are well-known criminals of Padhurna Madhya Pradesh. Crime has been registered against both of them in several cases in several states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh. Both of them are very cunning criminals. Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh police have fled several times after being attacked by pouring chilli powder. Police of many states were searching for these two criminals.
These are the arrested accused
1. Sangam Singh Bawri Father Jagdish Singh Bawri Age 38 Years Address-Shastri Ward Padhurna Police Station Padhurna Madhya Pradesh.
- Charan Singh Bhada Father Gabbu Singh Bhada Age 32 Years Address-Shastri Ward Padhurna Police Station Padhurna Madhya Pradesh.
- Lakhan Singh Bhatia Father Laxman Singh Bhatia Age 32 Years Address-Atal Awas Pendri Police Station Lalbagh District Rajnandgaon.
- Mahesh Valmiki Father Gopal Valmiki Age 35 Years Address-Atal Awas Pendri Police Station Lalbagh District Rajnandgaon.
- Rajendra Singh Father Late Shamsher Singh Age 36 Years Address- Ward No. 25 Lal Bahadur Shastri Ward Harda Police Station Harda Madhya Pradesh.
- Harvinder Singh Father Tirath Singh Age 26 Years Address- Gurdwara Mata Saheb Kor Pul Bogda Thana Jahangira Beside Bhopal.
- Surjit Singh Father Raj Singh Age 21 Years Address Ward No. 25 Harda Police Station Harda District Harda (Madhya Pradesh).
- Sanju Singh Father Laxman Singh Bhatia Age 32 Years Address- Atal Awas Pendri PS Lalbagh Distt Rajnandgaon.
- Randeep Singh Father Late Santosh Singh Age 22 Years Address- Ward No. 35 Imli Kheda Police Station Kotwali District Chhindwara.
- Kuljit Singh Father Rajendra Singh Age 18 Years Address- Ward No. 35 Imli Kheda Police Station Kotwali District Chhindwara.
- Sagar Bhojpuri Father Kailash Bhojpuri Age 25 Years Address- Pendri Housing Block No. 14 Police Station Lalbagh Rajnadgaon.
- Ramkumar Soni Father Late Rajaram Soni Age 45 Years Address – Singdai Ward No. 50 Police Station Bansatpur District Rajnandgaon.